Resolving Family Law Disputes Through Mediation
If you are engaged in a family law dispute in Illinois, you have more than one dispute resolution option at your disposal. While traditional litigation still has its place, family law mediation is increasingly favored as a means of reaching agreement on issues pertaining to divorce, child custody and other family law matters.
At Kulinsky & Associates Ltd, our experienced attorneys can represent your interests in a broad range of divorce and family law issues. We are committed to helping our clients achieve amicable, cost-effective resolutions to their legal disputes and mediation is an effective means of doing so.
Working Together To Find Solutions
In the mediation process, both disputing parties sit down together with or without their attorneys and a neutral, third-party mediator and work to resolve legal disputes. Mediation may be voluntary or court ordered. In child custody cases in Illinois, it is mandatory that parties at least try to resolve conflicts through mediation.
The Advantages Of Mediation
Some of the advantages of mediation include:
- Puts more control in the hands of the disputing parties
- Offers a chance to reach a customized solution, rather than a winner-takes-all decision
- Is private and confidential, as opposed to litigated divorces that become part of the public record
- Is more likely to stick — when people work together and achieve a mutually agreed-upon outcome, they are less likely to revisit the issue with further legal efforts
- Typically costs less than traditional litigation
Mediation is not right for everyone. For many, however, it offers a chance to resolve vexing disputes in a manner that is more amicable and cost-effective than a courtroom trial.
Is Mediation Right For You?
Our lawyers can help you explore all the legal options available to you, including family law mediation. Please contact our law offices to arrange your free half-hour consultation with an experienced Illinois family law attorney.