Attorneys jeff kulinsky and Vimal J. Kottukapally

A Reputation For Excellence

Offering clients efficiency, experience and effectiveness in legal matters great and small since 1983.

Attorneys jeff kulinsky and Vimal J. Kottukapally
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Alimony
  4.  » Timbaland’s wife requests lump sum alimony payment

Timbaland’s wife requests lump sum alimony payment

On Behalf of | Oct 24, 2013 | Alimony |

Throughout the course of a marriage, both spouses typically become accustomed to a particular standard of living and lifestyle. In the event of a divorce, especially in cases where one spouse is the primary breadwinner, it is not uncommon for a spouse who makes significantly less, or stays at home, to ask for alimony or some other type of spousal maintenance. Depending on the situation, alimony may be awarded for life, until the spouse receiving it remarries or for a pre-specified length of time.

According to reports, the wife of Timothy Mosley, better known as Timbaland, has filed for divorce from the Grammy-winning record producer. The couple had reportedly been married for five years and shares a five-year-old daughter. No information was released regarding what led to the split.

It was not reported whether or not the couple had a prenuptial agreement, nor was it detailed how much Mosley’s soon to be ex-wife will seek, if anything, in the settlement of their divorce. She has, however, reportedly asked for alimony. In addition to rehabilitative alimony to help her as she adjusts to being on a single income, she has also requested to be paid, in a lump sum, alimony from the start of the divorce process.

If you are considering getting a divorce, or if your spouse has already filed, it may be helpful to obtain legal representation. An attorney can not only explain your options and answer any questions that you may have, they can also help to look out for your interests. A lawyer will work to help you get the assets and support you feel you are entitled to.

Source: New York Daily News, “Timbaland’s wife files for divorce, seeks child support for son from previous relationship”, Zayda Rivera, Oct. 17, 2013


FindLaw Network