Serving Clients in Cook County, DuPage County, McHenry County and Lake County
A divorce involving complex assets and property interests requires the skill of a knowledgeable and experienced Illinois divorce attorney. At Lois Kulinsky & Associates, Ltd., our attorneys have more than 40 years of combined experience handing divorce for clients with high-value assets and business interests.
Our legal team is dedicated to keeping clients informed, promptly returning calls and providing quality family law services. Contact our Lake County high-end divorce lawyers to learn more about our practice in a free initial consultation.
Handling Complex Divorce Issues and Property Division
Property division issues take center stage in any high-end divorce. We provide comprehensive divorce services for clients with all types of complex assets and interests, including:
- Business valuations: Whether you or your spouse owns a professional practice or a small business, you will need to assess the full and fair value of the business in your divorce. We consult business valuation experts to assess the accounts receivable, debts, good will of the business and business assets to assure a fair division of marital property in your divorce.
- Protective orders: Often times, you might have other people with an interest in a business and those people do not want their personal information released during your divorce. We can help you get a protective order during your divorce to protect their personal information. The court can require the information to be returned or destroyed after the parties have valued the business and maintain your business partner's privacy.
- Searching for hidden assets: Our attorneys are adept at investigating assets and debts. We will work to reveal all marital assets and debts in order to secure a fair settlement in your divorce.
- Retirement assets: You have a right to your share of your and your spouse's retirement savings. We can help you divide retirement assets such as annuities, 401(k) and pensions. Whether you need to have a qualified domestic relations order (QDRO) drafted to assure payment in the future or need to buy out your spouse's share of the retirement assets during your divorce, we can help you equitably value and divide your interests.
- Stock options: Vested stock options are subject to division in a divorce but often cannot be exercised until a future date. We will work to ensure that there is language in your divorce settlement outlining who will pay the taxes and how the stock option will be divided. We can also help you divide stock options during the divorce.
- Alimony: In many high-end divorces, there is a discrepancy between both spouses' income and earning ability. We represent clients in negotiating alimony agreements that provide financial support into the future, whether it is in a lump sum or periodic payments.
Contact Our Illinois Property Division Lawyers for a Free Consultation
To speak with an Illinois family law attorney at our firm about property division, child custody or other divorce issues, contact us online. For your convenience, our main office is in Wheeling, and we also have an office in Libertyville. Free half-hour initial consultations are available for new clients.