- Are they trial-savvy? Do they like going to trial when necessary? What have their successes been?
Lois Kulinsky not only loves the rigors of trial court, but also her outstanding work, and resulting court decision in, In Re: The Marriage of Brooks, resulted in changing of Illinois divorce statutes.
- Are they recognized in the legal community as being both qualified and experienced?
In the Circuit Court of Cook County, Domestic Relations Division, and in Lake County, Lois Kulinsky is approved and has qualified to represent minor children as a guardian ad litem, an attorney for minor child and a child representative. She is also approved and qualified to act as guardian at litem in guardianship and disabled estate cases in Lake County.
- Do they promptly return your telephone calls?
Lois Kulinsky answers all of her telephone calls and spends evenings returning calls when she has been unavailable during the days.
- When conducting your search for the proper attorney, do you end up speaking with paralegals and other supporting legal staff or the attorneys?
When you call Lois Kulinsky & Associates, Ltd., Lois or her associate attorney will speak directly with you.
- Do they have trained and involved staff to professionally answer your questions if they are unavailable?
Lois Kulinsky utilizes a team approach to case management so that other professionals in her practice know your case and can accurately answer your questions when she is not available.
- Do they have a system in place that minimizes your legal fees while giving you the level of service you need and deserve?
Lois Kulinsky uses her staff of lower cost professionals to properly handle the behind the scenes work and routine court appearances to maximize your representation dollars.
- Do they cost a lot to employ?
Lois Kulinsky charges less than most downtown Chicago law firms and provides customized personal services at a lower cost to you.
- Do they have valuable experience outside of their law practice that enhances their ability to better service their clients?
Lois Kulinsky is a former teacher with a Master of Arts in Teaching degree from the University of Chicago. The result is an enhanced ability to listen, understand and deal with people on an amicable basis.
- Do they have the ability/personality to "turn up the heat" when the situation calls for it?
There is good reason why this patient, compassionate, understanding former teacher is sometimes referred to as "The Bulldog in Pantyhose" and a "Little Black Tarantula."
- How much of their caseload comes from referrals?
Ninety-five percent of the caseload at Lois Kulinsky & Associates, Ltd., comes from referrals. Both past clients and fellow attorneys refer cases to Lois Kulinsky with great frequency due to their confidence in her competence and the level of personal service her firm provides
- Is there a scope of service and experience enough to handle your complex matter?
Lois Kulinsky has done extensive work in the areas of family law, which covers post-decree, domestic violence, divorce, separation, custody, adoption and more. However, Lois Kulinsky & Associates, Ltd., also handles real estate transactions, estate planning, disabled estates, guardianship, probate and contract litigation, all of which may or may not be related to family law. in the area of business law, Lois Kulinsky & Associates, Ltd., provides legal services including employment and leasing contracts, severance agreements, litigation, and dissolution of partnerships, and acts as corporate counsel to many corporations and LLCs.
- Do they have the personal experience of handling thousands of case matters?
Lois Kulinsky has personally worked on over 5,000 files since she was admitted to the bar in 1980.
- Are they publicly visible and respected by their peers?
Lois Kulinsky presents seminars and teaches attorneys, accountants and students.
- Are they a member of the Federal Trial Bar, which requires specific levels of trial experience in order to try cases in Federal Court?
Lois Kulinsky accomplished this membership within the first two years after graduating from law school.
- Are they admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court?
Lois Kulinsky was the sole Illinois representative from the Federal Bar Association to be sworn in at the U.S. Supreme Court in 1995 in Washington, D.C.
- Do they have their own newsletter to educate the public and their clients on relevant matters of law?
Lois Kulinsky produces and provides a quarterly newsletter covering up-to-date legal information relevant to her clients.
- Have they been recognized for their leadership and achievements?
Lois Kulinsky was honored in the 11th edition of Who's Who in American Law and is a life member of Who's Who. She was recently named as one of 2015's 10 Best Family Law Attorneys for Client Satisfaction by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys. The Institute also named Jeffrey Kulinsky one of 2015's 10 Best Under-40 Family Law Attorneys for Client Satisfaction.
If you or someone you know is in need of any of these legal services, please contact Lois Kulinsky & Associates, Ltd., for a free, half-hour consultation.
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice.
You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.